Here are some of the advantages of the using the Community Exchange System
- It provides another stream of income
- It bridges the 'money gap' between the skills/offers/talents/gifts of sellers
on the one hand and the wants/needs/requirements of buyers on the other.
Conventional money usually can't bridge this gap because its supply is
limited or non-existent.
- It builds community
- CES 'money' is abundant and can never be in short supply
- CES 'money' can never be in oversupply and cause inflation
- It is democratic: it returns 'money power' to the people
- It allocates credit democratically
- It eliminates usury. Its money is 'free' (i.e. interest free)
- It keeps wealth where it is created
- It eliminates cheating, theft and fraud (of money)
- It provides a support network
- It eliminates the problem of sellers not being paid for what they supply
- It reconciles the accounts of buyers and sellers immediately
- It promotes honesty because one can never 'run out of money'
- It levels the playing field: everyone starts from zero and those who
deliver real value to others are the ones who
get 'rich', not those who deliver nothing
but acquire their wealth by manipulating the
- It gives local suppliers preference
- It eliminates the waste of transporting goods from all over because its focus is local
- It destroys the notion that the source of money is a job: the source of money is the delivery of value from one entity (person, company etc.) to another
- It streamlines transactions and eliminates wasted effort (e.g. sending accounts, debt collecting)
- It mobilizes the real wealth of a community: The knowledge and skills of its people is the real wealth of a community
- It fosters self-reliance and self esteem
- It fosters social justice and equality
- And many, many more...